Drs. Richard and Veronica Hawkins offer this alternative treatment to conventional braces in their Riverside office. Invisalign is a technique that straightens you teeth without the use of traditional fixed appliances. Invisalign consists of clear, removable aligners that reposition teeth and uses the precision of computerized technology for comprehensive orthodontic treatment.
- No metal wires or brackets are needed
- Clear, removable aligners are custom made for comfort
- Each set of aligners is worn for about two weeks
- Aligners can be removed to eat, drink, brush and floss
- Teeth move gradually during several weeks
- Follow-up appointments are scheduled every 4 weeks
- Total treatment time averages 6 to 15 months
- Average number of aligners is between 18 to 30
You are a candidate for Invisalign if:
- Your teeth are crowded
- You have spaces in between your teeth
- You have narrow arches
- Your teeth have shifted after having worn braces
Invisalign can be used to treat a vast majority of adults and teens who want a better smile. Patients like Invisalign because they can take the aligners out, floss and brush, and put them back again.